Master Thesis / Full Time or Working Student / Part Time – Munich (Forschungszentrum Garching)
We want to Enable economical quantum tech products for disruptive applications and accelerate the second quantum revolution and the world´s transition to sustainable quantum technologies.
Your task will be to do market research in the fields of (photonic) quantum technologies to identify future markets for our quantum sensors. This may cover quantum communication, quantum computation, academic research as well as applications in the life science and chemical industries – basically everything where light detection is of importance! In addition to literature research, you will contact potential customers and obtain practical information that directly helps us in our current and future developments. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, and interested in Quantum Technolgies. This position is full-time and needs to be based at the campus in Garching.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You will do literature research to identify potential markets and applications
- You will contact potential customers and research groups on and off campus to acquire information about their needs (efficiency, wavelength, pixel, jitter, ..)
- You will dig into these applications, understand and prepare your findings to both the business and device development department
We value a creative mindset and a go-getter attitude. Hard skills can always be learned. Good communication skills as well as working with Excel and other organizational tools will be beneficial but secondary to your personal motivation and commitment to this fascinating project. We are searching for someone with:
- Background in Physics, Engineering or Business studies
- Understanding of quantum sensors and technologies
- Interested to dig into the details of quantum processes
- Strong communication skills: Fluent in English, German is a plus.
- High motivation and commitment
At MQI, you can expect a egalitarian yet high-caliber work environment. You will be part of the MQI team – a talented, international, and open-minded team that is highly motivated to have strong impact in the quantum world – and beyond!
MQI allows you to grow on a professional and personal level.
- You have the opportunity to become part of our mission to enable the next generation of photonic quantum technologies- could a job be any cooler?
- You will to take ownership of your tasks within the project and make impact from the first day on.
- You will be responsible for your own project(s), time management, and sometimes even budget.
- You will gain insights into the most exciting new technologies and business models.
- You will have access to the latest equipment necessary to produce our highly specialized sensors.
- You will always have a great story to tell at parties!
Please contact us @
If you apply: We value well-crafted motivation letters stating how you learned about MQI, why you think you would be a great addition to the team and why you want to work at a Quantum start-up. Please always include references of your prior work (for example, your thesis, talks, papers, code repositories, websites, write-ups, articles, apps, exposes, anything), if permissible. Please avoid detailed grade reports and online certificates. Please also list your earliest starting date.